Lady Jane's Lessons is a tribute to companion animals of all sizes and shapes.



For without these best friends we certainly would not be as mentally and physically healthy as we are.



Lady Jane's Lessons is your resource to learn about animal nutrition, illnesses, first aid techniques and how to live responsibly by not using products tested on animals. Send in your stories and photos to ladyjaneslessons@gmail.com and they will be posted upon receipt.



Thursday, June 23, 2011

Lead breaking is a fine art


Boy am I full of hot air sometimes and yesterday was a fine example.
I was proclaiming Baxter lead broke. He is, really, in the yard with Chester and his moms as his only distractions.
In the yard he has learned the routine.
Yesterday driving to High Plains walking track Baxter was perched on the passenger seat watching everything, cocking his head when something caught his interest.
As we approached the track a tree was being chopped down on Orange Center Road opposite the track. Did I think twice about it? NO.
I got Baxter out of the car and confidently began walking. He sat and wouldn't move.
Read - Mom this is all new and strange to me. Besides - those noises scare me.With a little coaxing he reluctantly began to follow.
We did this back and forth thing for about a half hour. I was glad to be able to get him back to the car walking.
Leash training will be more of a challenge to me than I thought.
I am finding all this puppyhood stuff more of a challenge than I remembered.
And, I am not getting any younger, only older.

No comments:

Post a Comment