Lady Jane's Lessons is a tribute to companion animals of all sizes and shapes.



For without these best friends we certainly would not be as mentally and physically healthy as we are.



Lady Jane's Lessons is your resource to learn about animal nutrition, illnesses, first aid techniques and how to live responsibly by not using products tested on animals. Send in your stories and photos to ladyjaneslessons@gmail.com and they will be posted upon receipt.



Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Animal friendly products make a difference

It haunts me to think about all the animals that have lost their lives to research. The graphic images are burned into my mind forever.
Over the years I have stopped using personal care products including cosmetics as well as household products that have been tested on animals. Such products can be found locally or online. (See links on the sidebar).
It really isn’t that difficult. I have found locally face products that are much better – and less expensive – that have made quite a difference in my complexion to the point that when I see someone who hasn't seen me in a while they marvel at how good my skin looks. (You can only go so far without plastic surgery!) I use Eminence, a Hungarian company and every product states that no animal testing was done. Locally this product can be found at Inner Essence Spa and Wellness Center in Orange.
There are also plenty of personal care products that are cruelty free as well from deodorant to body scrubs to toothpaste and everywhere in between that are skin sensitive and do a fine job for their intended purpose.
I used to think that household products made by earth friendly companies were cruelty free. However, when shopping for these at local health food stores I started reading the product labels and was surprised to not find the simple statement that animals were not used for testing purposes. Researching further on the product websites there wasn’t any statement about not testing on animals there either. There were plenty of statements talking about corporate responsibility and saving the earth but nothing about saving or respecting animals.
While I am only one household committed to using products not tested on animals if we all just started replacing one item at a time animals would slowly stop becoming a laboratory statistic.
Join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment