Lady Jane's Lessons is a tribute to companion animals of all sizes and shapes.



For without these best friends we certainly would not be as mentally and physically healthy as we are.



Lady Jane's Lessons is your resource to learn about animal nutrition, illnesses, first aid techniques and how to live responsibly by not using products tested on animals. Send in your stories and photos to ladyjaneslessons@gmail.com and they will be posted upon receipt.



Thursday, April 15, 2010

A best friend waiting for her chance at happiness


A couple of years ago I was perusing the Best Friends Animal Sanctuary We site reminiscing about Lady Jane. She touched our lives so deeply.

I came across this photo of Peoria and my heart stopped after reading her sad story. If you are inclined to believe in reincarnation Peoria did it for me. Another Lady Jane.

According to her profile she was found in an Arizona junkyard wandering around with a pack of feral dogs. And somebody had been shooting at them. She tends to bark and freeze when you pet her too. And she is not suited to be around children either.

I immediately started to cry and picked up the phone to learn more about her. She was not ready for adoption.

Of course I didn’t give up on her but adopted her online with a donation in her honor. I have continued to do this and have kept up with her progress. Best Friends sent me this photo of her. Isn’t she special?

Earlier this year we lost another wonderful companion (another post) and I thought if there was ever a reason to lose someone it was to give someone else a chance. I filled out the adoption application for Peoria only to learn she still was not ready for her forever home yet. And she is older now and we would have had to drive to Best Friends. I am certainly up to that task when she is ready.

It is heartening to know that there are organizations such as Best Friends who truly care for and don’t give up on animals.

When you call there they talk to you and answer all your questions. If you have a behavior question, they will try to offer you advice. There is a link on the right side of this blog to Best Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment